Robotic assistants for health care
- Barea, Rafael; Bergasa, Luis M.; López, Elena; Ocaña, Manuel; Schleicher, David; León, A.
- Year: 2009
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Keywords: Monte Carlo method; camera based system collaborative mobile robot mapping; geriatrics; health care; localization system; multirobot mapping; object detection; object recognition; object tracking; probabilistic method; robotic assistant; Monte Carlo methods; SLAM
- Book title: Robotics and Biomimetics, 2008. ROBIO 2008. IEEE International Conference on
- Pages: 1099-1104
- Month: feb.
- DOI: 10.1109/ROBIO.2009.4913154
- The main objective of this work is to develop a robots' fleet working together to make assistance tasks in a hospital, geriatric or home in a collaborative way. This paper focus on multi-robot mapping and localization system for robotic assistants and a camera based system for tracking people. This paper presents a method to detect, recognize and track people using mount cameras fixed on a building and an algorithm for collaborative mobile robot mapping and localization based on probabilistic methods. The performance of this system has been tested successfully. Some experimental results and conclusions are presented.