People Location System based on WiFi Signal Measure
- Heredia, B.; Ocaña, Manuel; Bergasa, Luis M.; Sotelo, Miguel Ángel; Revenga, Pedro; Flores, Ramón F.; Barea, Rafael; López, Elena
- Year: 2007
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Keywords: WiFi signal measure; hidden Markov model; indoor robots; people location system; probabilistic method; wireless-fidelity signal measure; feature extraction; human computer interaction; image colour analysis; image resolution; robot vision;
- Book title: Intelligent Signal Processing, 2007. WISP 2007. IEEE International Symposium on
- Pages: 1 -6
- Month: oct.
- ISBN: 978-1-4244-0830-6
- DOI: 10.1109/WISP.2007.4447627
- This work presents a people location system based on WiFi(Wireless-Fidelity) signal measure. The current locations systems based on WiFi are mainly applied in the location of indoor robots using the measure of their communications interface and the measures of other additional sensors. The advantage of the system presented in this work is that it is not necessary to add additional hardware (HW) to the people whom is tried to locate, neither in the environment, because we use the WiFi communications infrastructure. A probabilistic method based on a Hidden Markov Model (HMM) is used to determine the location of the people in the environment. In addition, a study of the WiFi signal measure is made in indoors with the main objective to obtain the necessary conclusions for the design of the system. The proposed method has been tested in a real environment. The results and conclusions obtained in the work are presented.