Patient monitoring in health care working with robotic assistants
- Barea, Rafael; Bergasa, Luis M.; López, Elena; Ocaña, Manuel; Schleicher, David; León, A.
- Year: 2007
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Keywords: Monte Carlo localization; camera; collaborative mobile robot localization; collaborative way; health care; patient monitoring; people recognition; probabilistic method; robotic assistant; Monte Carlo methods; health care; medical robotics; mobile robots; multi-robot s
- Book title: Intelligent Signal Processing, 2007. WISP 2007. IEEE International Symposium on
- Pages: 1 -6
- Month: oct.
- ISBN: 978-1-4244-0830-6
- DOI: 10.1109/WISP.2007.4447582
- The main objective of this work is to develop a robots' fleet working together to make assistance tasks in a hospital or at home in a collaborative way. This paper presents a method to detect, recognize and track people using mount cameras fixed on a building and an algorithm for collaborative mobile robot localization based on probabilistic methods (Monte Carlo localization). The performance of this system has been tested successfully. Some experimental results and conclusions are presented.