Face Recognition for Social Interaction with a Personal Robotic Assistant
- Barea, Rafael; Bergasa, Luis M.; López, Elena; Escudero, María Soledad; León, C.
- Year: 2005
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Keywords: elderly assistant; face recognition; intelligent robot assistant; personal robotic assistant; robust user-machine interface; social human-robot interaction; social interactive robot; face recognition; geriatrics; intelligent robots; man-machine systems; robot vision
- Volume: 1
- Book title: Computer as a Tool, 2005. EUROCON 2005.The International Conference on
- Pages: 382 -385
- Month: nov.
- ISBN: 1-4244-0049-X
- DOI: 10.1109/EURCON.2005.1629942
- This paper describes the main characteristics of a "social interactive" robot for which social human-robot interaction is important. The main goal of this work is the development of a robotic assistant (called SIRA) for elderly which serves several primary functions such us telepresence, tele-medicine, intelligent reminding, safeguarding, mobility assistance and social interaction. We focus our attention in to equip an intelligent robot assistant with a robust user-machine interface, which enable this robot to communicate, interact, and collaborate with human users in a natural and intuitive way. The social interaction module developed is commented and finally, an application of the social interaction is explained