Industrial inspection using Gaussian functions in a colour space
- Bergasa, Luis M.; Duffy, N.; Lacey, G.; Mazo, M.
- Year: 2000
- Type of Publication: Article
- Journal: Image and Vision Computing
- Volume: 18
- Number: 12
- Pages: 951-957
- ISSN: 0262-8856
- DOI: doi:10.1016/S0262-8856(00)00035-4
- This paper presents an original method of modelling the colour distributions of images using 2D Gaussian functions and its application to flaw detection in industrial inspection. 2D Gaussian functions are used to model the colours that appear in the non-flawed images in an unsupervised manner. Pixels under test are compared to the colour distribution from training images. 140 images have been tested and the results are given. This method has a wide range of applications for detecting colour separable objects in images. It also has great potential in industrial inspection due to its speed, accuracy and unsupervised training.