WiFi localization system based on fuzzy logic to deal with signal variations
- Hernández, Noelia; Herranz, Fernando; Ocaña, Manuel; Bergasa, Luis M.; Alonso, José María; Magdalena, L.
- Year: 2009
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Book title: Proceedings of the 14th IEEE international conference on Emerging technologies & factory automation
- Series: ETFA'09
- Pages: 317-322
- Address: Piscataway, NJ, USA
- ISBN: 978-1-4244-2727-7
- DOI: 10.1109/ETFA.2009.5347015
- The goal of this paper is to study some of the most important WiFi signal variations, large and small scale variations and how they affect to WiFi localization systems. Moreover, the paper shows how to use Soft Computing techniques to deal with these uncertainties in WiFi localization systems. This work describes how to reduce uncertainty produced by small scale variations in indoor environments using fuzzy techniques. Some experimental results and conclusions are presented.