Traffic sign detection in static images using Matlab
- Garrido, Miguel Ángel G.; Sotelo, Miguel Ángel; Martín-Gorostiza, Ernesto
- Year: 2003
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Keywords: Matlab-image-processing toolbox; color analysis; gradient image; off-line traffic sign detection; shape analysis; static images; vertical edge projection; 172 times; 352 color images; computer vision; edge detection; image colour analysis; object detection
- Volume: 2
- Book title: Emerging Technologies and Factory Automation, 2003. Proceedings. ETFA '03. IEEE Conference
- Pages: 212 - 215 vol.2
- Month: sept.
- DOI: 10.1109/ETFA.2003.1248701
- In this paper a system for off-line traffic sign detection is shown. Matlab-image-processing toolbox is used for this purpose. The vision-based traffic sign detection module developed in this work manages 172 times;352 color images in RGB (red, green, blue) format. The first step in the algorithm is to obtain the gradient image and its vertical edge projection. In a second step, a color and shape analysis is performed.