SVM-based obstacles recognition for road vehicle applications
- Sotelo, Miguel Ángel; Nuevo, Jesús; Llorca, David F.; Parra, Ignacio; Bergasa, Luis M.; Ocaña, Manuel; Flores, Ramón F.
- Year: 2005
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Book title: Proceedings of the 19th international joint conference on Artificial intelligence
- Series: IJCAI'05
- Pages: 1740-1741
- Address: San Francisco, CA, USA
- This paper describes an obstacle Recognition System based on SVM and vision. The basic components of the detected objects are first located in the image and then combined with a SVM-based classifier. A distributed learning approach is proposed in order to better deal with objects variability, illumination conditions, partial occlusions and rotations. A large database containing thousands of object examples extracted from real road images has been created for learning purposes. We present and discuss the results achieved up to date.