KBCT: a knowledge extraction and representation tool for fuzzy logic based systems
- Alonso, José María; Magdalena, L.; Guillaume, S.
- Year: 2004
- Type of Publication: In Proceedings
- Book title: 2004 IEEE International Conference on Fuzzy Systems
- Pages: 989-994
- ISBN: 0-7803-8353-2
- ISSN: 1098-7584
- DOI: 10.1109/FUZZY.2004.1375543
- This paper presents a user-friendly portable tool designed and developed in order to make easier knowledge extraction and representation for fuzzy logic based systems. KBCT is an open source software that could be executed under Linux or Windows operating systems. Main goal of KBCT is the generation or refinement of fuzzy knowledge bases with a particular interest of obtaining interpretable partitions and rules. The use of fuzzy logic simplifies the knowledge extraction process and increase interpretability of rules because of the fuzzy rule expression is closed to expert natural language. KBCT lets the user define expert variables and rules, but also provide induction capabilities for partitions and rules. Both types of knowledge, expert and induced, are integrated under the expert control. In addition to this, the user can check consistency and quality of rule base at any moment. A simplify option is implemented in order to allow the user to reduce the size of rule base. The main objective consists of ensuring interpretability, non-redundancy and consistency of the knowledge base along the whole process.